John Claassen serves as a go-to litigation counsel for investors, entrepreneurs and companies in the Bay Area and throughout California. He routinely asserts and defends a broad array of civil litigation and dispute resolution matters, including corporate and securities litigation; employment, wage and hour, and idea protection for employers; and collections and collections defense. Over the course of his career, John Claassen has successfully served as lead counsel and strategic advisor in hundreds of matters.
As a successful business owner, John recognizes business needs and formulates efficient, cost effective litigation strategies that work within larger business objectives.
John studied law at Georgetown University Law Center where he served as Assistant Managing Editor of the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics.
Prior to opening his own law firm in 2005, he worked at the world-class law firms Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich and Rosati and Skadden Arps. If you are interested in hearing more about John’s experience, please call (925) 204-2885.
- Approximately 20 years of distinguished experience in civil litigation.
- Served as lead attorney on hundreds of matters.
- Superior results time after time.
- Georgetown University Law Center
- California, New York, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, and various federal trial courts in California and New York.
- The EU Is Not Merely For The Sake Of Unity, Daily Journal (May 27, 2016),
- Broadly Construe Laws Requiring Openness, Daily Journal (Mar. 31, 2015)
- Protect the Value of Human Assets, San Francisco Daily Journal (Feb. 4, 2015)
- When Police Officer Immunity Goes Further Than Necessary, San Francisco Daily Journal (Dec. 9, 2014)
- It’s Time To Modernize State and Federal Tax Codes, San Francisco Daily Journal (Oct. 20, 2014)
Jerald (Jerry) Marrs focuses his practice on civil matters, employment issues, estate planning and mediation. As an estate planning attorney, he advises and counsels individuals, couples, and family members regarding Wills and Trusts, Advance Health Care Directives, Powers of Attorney, and Nominations of Guardianship. He also represents individuals and fiduciaries in probate and trust administration matters. As a mediator, he has resolved a variety of contract and personal matters.
Jerry has an extensive and interesting background that allows him to relate to a variety of issues faced by his clients. He is former military, having served in the United States Air Force as a Vietnamese linguist, has worked in the insurance industry, investigated claims of discrimination, and guided individuals and families through critical situations.
Jerry is a graduate from the University of Colorado School of School of Law and holds a B.A. from UC Berkeley. He lives in San Ramon, is married and has two sons, one of whom is serving as a U.S. Marine, and a younger son who loves nothing more than to play baseball.
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Trusted member of the community.
- 20+ years in a variety of legal arenas.
- University of Colorado School of Law.
- University of California at Berkeley.
- Colorado (inactive).
- Contra Costa County Bar Association.
- Alameda County Bar Association.
- Board Member for the San Ramon Valley Education Foundation.
- Rotary Club of San Ramon.